The Club Debut and The Clutch.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Club Debut and The Clutch.
From: Jason Urban <jurban@pond.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 09:11:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All!!

Monday night was the first real drive with the Sprite since the fall of '96.
I did a slow rebuild of the engine last summer and didn't work on it really
over the winters(there wasn't much of a winter this year, though)

The Philadelphia Region of the Austin-Healey Sports and Touring Club was
supposed to have its picnic on Mother's Day, but because of the rain, it was
cancelled.  This was supposed to be the debut of the car to the club, since
the last time we really had it out was the day we joined.  Holly and I put
the new carpet set in, I replaced the springs in the rear, and we did a
clean up of the car - all just for this picnic.  Oh, well...

We had our regular monthly meeting of the Austin-Healey Sports and Touring
Club on Monday night.  After getting the timing normal and tuning the carbs
over last weekend, I decided it was ready to really be taken out on the
road.  I _almost_ forgot how much fun it was to drive these cars!!  Of
course, the meeting turn-out was on the light side!  But it made it there
and back with no problem.  Well, almost no problem - just lost the back
exhaust hanger nut.

Yesterday, the car brought me to work.  What a BLAST!  Anybody ever have
their Spridget in the conference room of their work??  The sky was showing
signs of a downpour, so the car was moved inside into the conference room.
Our lab facility is a large "garage" with offices open to the front garage
door.  This weekend I'm planning to bring the Sprite to work again and get
pictures of it in my office!!

Anyway, through all the fun driving, the clutch has been slipping.  Even
with the pedal all the way out, at high RPM's(just when the headers and cam
come in), the clutch begins to slip.  I figure either the system hasn't been
totally bled or there is a problem at the master cylinder.  Or both.  The
clutch and assemblies were all replaced with the rebuild.  Anybody have any
ideas??  I'm going to take a look at it this weekend.

Thanks again to the list for the help!!!  We wish we could have made to
Sprite Rush, but work kept us from doing that.  5 years - definitely!

Jason.

|    Jason Urban - Apogee Labs  215-699-2060     |
|             CrackerArtsStudio                  |
|     http://www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts        |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd  '65&'67 Austin-Healey Sprites  |