RE: '76 Midget - Brake Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: '76 Midget - Brake Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding?
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 07:17:41 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chris -

Don't do it that way if you're using silicone (DOT5 fluid).  You'll end up
with a master cylinder full of silicone fluid with a lot of "entrained"
air, which silicone doesn't release easily.  You'll end up pumping just as
much fluid through getting them bled as if you hadn't bench bled the master
cylinder.  (This is the biggest hassle with silicone, getting it bled
right).

If you bench bleed with DOT5, let the hoses drain into a handy jar.  You
can reuse the waste for silicone lube, just not for brake fluid.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net