Re: New to the LIST

To: Oram Stephen <Stephen.Oram@nbgm.siemens.de>
Subject: Re: New to the LIST
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:13:32 -0400
Cc: Spridgets - List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Oram Stephen wrote:

> Yesterday, the needle dropped off the speedo! It's just lying there in the
> glass looking at me.
> I mean what it tried to tell me at the best of times was not very believable
> but I can't just plonk it back onto the
> spindle. What is the pre tension at 0 mph? Driving down the road at a known
> 50mph behind my girlfriend in the
> other car while trying to stick it back on between my legs also seems risky.
> Any ideas?
>
> Stephen Oram
> 1966 MK III Sprite

 Stephen

You can just "plonk" the needle back on the speedo.
This just happened to me 2 weeks ago.
Remove the bezel and glass, "plonk" the needle back on at 0.
The speedo rests at zero, it may take a few trys to get it just right but
basically that's all there is to it.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs