Re: Sprite Rush 98

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Sprite Rush 98
From: billwalters2@juno.com (William M Walters)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:52:10 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
To Amy, Frank and all Sprite fans at Sprite Rush 98.
     I am still reeling from all of the information I gathered at Sprite
Rush 98.  The events were interesting and meeting cyber friends was
particularly enjoyable.
     Frank, thanks for the tech sessions and the off-the- cuff
information you gave so freely.  Your cars are very nice and you came to
run them.  That's the way I've always wanted to be with mine.  "Drive the
darned thing!"
     Amy, it was fun meeting Healium and finding that you too, brought it
to drive it.  I'm now convinced that I don't want a perfectly restored
show piece that I look at in the garage. I want a driver!  I want to jump
into my Bugeye an buzz off into the winding roads of West Virgina to
enjoy the open cockpit and the sounds of the engine revving in the
curves.
     Rick, what can I say?  It was the must enjoyable three days I've had
in many years.  Unfortunately, I had to leave on Wednesday.  I am hereby
volunteering to help in any way possible with Sprite Spree 03.  If I'm
not there, it will only be because I'm dead.  Contact me when the time
comes for help.  Thank you!
     Spridgeteers,  I think I'll sell the AN5/4913 along with all of the
relatively hard to find parts on it and buy myself a Bugeye driver with
retrofitted "modernized" characteristics.  I now think it would be a sin
to hack up a car with all the original parts like it has so I could build
a bugeye rocket.  Anybody out there have a car I can buy to drive?

Bill Walters
AN5L/04913
Which may never see the light of day again.
In my basement since October 1974