Re: '76 Midget Brakes - not fully "releasing"

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: '76 Midget Brakes - not fully "releasing"
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:12:45 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Chris,

        Before I would think about the calipers I would check the hoses.  I did
an
MGA once where the inside of the hose was sluffing off and acting like a
one-way valve.  ie. Fluid would push the piston out upon pedal application,
but when the pedal was released the inside of the hose would not allow
fluid to return, thus keeping the piston out.  Usually, unless the outer
surface of the piston is highly corroded, the pistons will not hang, and,
usually, if they are corroded that much, the claipers leak.  So if the
caliper is not leaking.......if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

        Fisher Jones