Swamped Midget

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Swamped Midget
From: Mymgmidget <Mymgmidget@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 23:24:29 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok, here is the scoop.  I was contacted by a woman who has owned her 78 Midget
since new. It's a red Rally Sport !!!  with original 52,000 miles.  The only
thing wrong (per se) is that the poor little thing was involved in a fight
with rising water in the under house garage.  Guess who lost.... right up to
the door handles !!! The body is MINT except for a small crack in the right
front fender. NO rust or dents.  Paint even looks good.  The interior is in
suprisingly good shape. Thye panels arent even warped at all.  The seats dried
out nice without and damage.  The top is good and everything appears in great
shape.  Pulle the valve cover off and there is some rust on the pushrods.  The
Weber Downdraft has a little crud in it and the header is a little rusty but
the engine bay is immaculate. The rubber bumpers doent even have a mark on
em.!! She is moving and asked me how much it was worth.  I couldnt really tell
her cuz she loves the car so much I didnt want to insult her.  She said to
make an offer.  I told her I'd get back to her on Thursday.  Could anyone give
me an Idea how much it's worth ?? Even if the motor is toast !!
Oh yea, The hardtop looks brand new !!!

Thanks,
Mike