Re: tach

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tach
From: John Colosimo <jcolosim@tbcdsb.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:28:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,

        I didn't get a reply for the tach scematic. I ended up converting
the internals from a later 3" neg ground tach (from a '73 Midgit) to pos
ground and installing them in my 4" case.  It's a bit of a fussy job, but
not too difficult.  The hardest part was removing the hand so I could
change the dial. I used two butter knifes to gently pop it off (it is a
press fit).  The case needs a bit of trimming, and the loop wire has to be
cut and have bullit conecters installed to fit the newer tach.  If you
don't get a reading on the tach try reversing the loop wires to get the
loop going the right way.  The end result was most satisfying.
Regards
John Colosimo
'64 & '60 sprites.