74 Midget - More Questions

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 74 Midget - More Questions
From: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 22:42:52 -0400
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank and list,

OK I replaced the universals - that cured the grinding and clunking.

The anti roll bar was pitifully loose - fixed that.....

The right front damper seems a little worn, I filled it with oil and it
got a little better but not quite right - Is there anything else I
should try or am I better off putting on another?

I find that the rear springs need bushes at both ends - are there
choices here? Rubber? Poly? Nylon?

There is a very very slight amount of play in the front bearings.  Is
this normal or could the races be a little worn?

The front bushes seem solid, but they are old and look a bit dried out I
figure I should replace them while I am doing the rear bushes.  What is
best here and where do I get them?

Drivers side floor pan needs replacing also, (I have had some panels
that did not fit very well), I would like to get the replacement panel
that "FITS" for the floor pan where is the best place to get the best
panels?  Or should I just make one up myself?

Thanks,

Kevin