Re: Generating more problems

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Generating more problems
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:44:59 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Alan,
I just got over this problem with my 59 Bugeye.  Battery thoughly checked
out OK, generator cleaned and bench tested OK, replaced the regulator with a
new Lucas (spelled CHINA) - still had the same problem.  Finally, one day
scratching my head and looking at the regulator box, I had a friend start
the car and watch the light while I manually closed the voltage points.  The
light went out.  Started it again without touching the regulator and the
light went out and has stayed out.  I think whatever coating was on the
voltage points just needed to be burnt off.  I have heard of folks on the
list getting "bad" regulators.  I wonder if their problem could have been
solved with this technique.

Anyway, hope this helps.  The problem drove me nuts for a few weeks.  Have
fun at spriterush.  Wish I trusted my Bug to make it there!

Jeff Church
AN5L 11627
Chesapeake, VA