Re: exhaust system

To: Steve Hombach <shombach@ee.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust system
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:11:41 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Steve Hombach wrote:

> 59 Bugeye w/1275 engine - what exhaust pipe do you use?  The pipes seem
> different both in shape and in header-end.  Does the 1275 pipe fit the
> engine compartment correctly or does the 948 pipe fit the 1275 engine.  Or
> is it something that must be cut or welded to have a correct fit?
Hi Steve,

I did notice when my 60 had the stock exhaust manifold on her that it
didn't line up with the stock exhaust system.  The pipes were slightly
tilted backwards toward the back of the car, the manifold was the
opposite.   It would have taken a major refit to get it to work.  This
was just for testing the engine, since then I have installed headers.
So, did I every get it to work?  No, we ran open manifold for a few
minutes.  I was assured by my Mechanic friend that this wouldn't hurt
the engine.

BTW this was the split clam shell type of manifolds, I believe for a
948.

Rick

52 MGTD, 74 B, 58 A Coupe, 76 XJ12C (wife's ) & Puddles (60 Frogeye) Man
does she scream.