Re: Midget clutch slave cylinder

To: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>, <SPRIDGETS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Midget clutch slave cylinder
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 12:25:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
May be.  The gearbox and 1275 engine that were in the car when I bought it
were the originals, according to the BMIHT certificate.  The pushrod that
was in the slave cylinder when I bought the car had the extension welded
on.  It was not a neat weld, but rather rough and had been ground down.  I
have since seen another pushrod that looked like it had been welded by the
same person.  I installed a new clutch and release bearing,  a new
"correct" pushrod, and a rebuilt gearbox that was identical to my original.
 The "correct" pushrod won't work, and the extended one will.  I would
think the clearances had been restored to close to new, so why won't a new
"correct" pushrod work?

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

> From: Larry and Sandi Miller <millerls@msn.com>
> To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>; SPRIDGETS@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: Midget clutch slave cylinder
> Date: Saturday, March 21, 1998 11:18 AM
>
> Been there, done that.  When using a smooth case tranny with a 1275 (948
> slave cylinder) I had to make a longer rod to get the clutch to work.
When I