dwell & ignition

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dwell & ignition
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:59:34 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
How can I tell what the right dwell angle for my engine/distributor
combination is?

I know I have a 1275 Marina engine and a Lucas 45D4 distributor,
the one *without* the A/R knurled knob that uses (or "wears", to
directly translate the Greek car service centre jargon..) the
same contact points as my 1978 Mini, that is to say the kind
that has no little nut and washers.

Also, where can I get ignition timing data, either static or
dynamic for this hardware under my bonnet?

So far it pulls great but, in the future, who knows?

Evangelos