Re: got a little life in my sprite

To: Craig Soich <casoich@sgi.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: got a little life in my sprite
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 13:02:35 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Amy,

I'd make sure you have the plug wires in the correct order, check the
timimg as well as you can (not sure if the 67's were static timed) and make
sure you're getting fuel to the engine.  After my 62 had sat along time the
float bowls were empty, and trying to get them filled by turning over the
car was a loosing proposition, even with starting fluid spayeed into the
carbs. I ended up cutting a length of fuel hose, slipping it into a funnel
and pouring about a cup and a half of gas into it.  Fired right up after that.

Godd luck,
Greg

At 01:17 PM 12/13/97 -0400, Craig Soich wrote:
>Hi gang,
>
> I tried to start my sprite for the first time last night. It was
>turning (sounded extremely rough though, any ideas?), but wouldn't start
>up. Could I maybe have my spark plug lines going to the wrong plug from
>the distributor? Also, I have no turn signals or horn....?
>
>As always, words of advice and wisdom are greatly appreciated.
>
>Amy
>67 Sprite MkIV

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats