Re: non-standard e-mail features are very irritating

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: non-standard e-mail features are very irritating
From: Adrian <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:15:38 -0500
Cc: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> For example, what the heck is this vcard.vcf attachment stuff (see below) -
> what is the purpose?  I bet everyone on the list now has it in their e-mail
> attachment directory if they are running a standard e-mail program.  I

I believe the VCF files are "Cards" used in netscape communicator
email.  They send personal info, such as organization, email address,
address, phone, etc..information most people include in their sig files.

> Also, I'm tired of getting HTML tagged text duplicates in my e-mail (I think
> this comes from Netscape Mail).

There's always going to be somebody who sends weird things like HTML
formatted email, but with mail readers such as Netscape, you can't tell
if you are sending or receiving it if you don't pay close attention
because it is, for the most part, transparent.  Most people probably
don't even realize it is being sent.  You can go into the preferences
and set it up, but I bet that a lot of folks don't know it's there.  The
formatting allows for things in email like changing fonts, adding links,
etc, to make your email more useful and attractive, like a Word document
compared to a Notepad document.  It can come in handy, especially from
within an organization where everybody uses the same mail reader.

oh well *yawn* just my .02

adrian

--
email:  adrian@icx.net