Re: Datsun 5-Speed

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Datsun 5-Speed
From: P Van Wig <PVanWig@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 11:21:30 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-12-06 15:08:53 EST, ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< Now that I have people's attention (?), has anyone rebuilt the 5-speed, or
 had it rebuilt?  I would like to fit new bearings and synchros at some
 point.  I am wondering if the parts are available, if the price is
 reasonable and how hard is it to do. >>

When I put a Datsun A12 and 4 speed in my 58 Minor. I got many parts from the
dealer. And it was much cheeper tha buying the same type of parts(bearings,
pistons, gaskets, timing sets, ect.) than aftermarket British supliers plus no
mail order hassle.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye