Re: 3 point belts

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: 3 point belts
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 23:18:27 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I had the same retractables on my '80 Spitfire, but if I recall correctly
there is a doubler (ie a slab of metal) with a thru-hole in it on the inner
part of the wheel well re-inforce the sheet metal (which is slightly
strengthened by being curved in the first place, by the way).  I don't know
if some PO put the doubler there or if it was orig (the car was free
(which, as a great man once wrote in a PDLJMPR article, is better than
cheap, right FC?), and had a checkered past filled with some real talented
do-it-yourselfers, like the genius who duct-taped a leak in a hydraulic
line).  There's no provisions at all for anything on the wheel well on my
Bugeye.  Where did those with non-inertia type belts mount to? Wheelwell or
elsewhere?.

 Ron Soave
'61 Bugeye