Re: Dumb Question

To: Jeff Church <jchurch@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 20:48:26 -0500
Cc: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Jeff Church wrote:

> Ok guys, its been a while for me.  When installing a new valve cover
> gasket, does one use anything other than a little engine oil to seal it?

Jeff
I built a jig using a piece of wood and some 6d finish nails.
This is to silicone the gasket to the valve cover (this way I can remove the
cover, adjust valves and reuse the gasket)
I glue the gasket to the cover, place it over the jig and place some weight on
it overnight til it drys. The gaskets are a little distorted from the v/cover,
the jig keeps everything in the right shape.

> Also, my valve cover vent tube has no where to go. I have a DOCE sidedraft
> Weber with a nice K&N air filter.  Alas, the K&N has no inlet tube on its
> back panel to accept a tube from the valve cover vent.  Am I mucking things
> up by going without this arrangement? If so, any suggestions?

Plug it up or route it to the timing cover breather (1275s only)Pick up a nice
aluminum valve cover with no vents, this looks great with a Weber.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites