Re: 1500 Engine

To: mumford@rpi.edu
Subject: Re: 1500 Engine
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:15:13 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> From mumford@rpi.edu Tue Dec  2 16:03:00 1997
> From: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
> Subject: Re: 1500 Engine
> To: Phil Profili <pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com>
> Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Phil Profili wrote:
> >
> > It may be that the decrease in horespower
> > stresses the US engines less so that this is not a problem over here?
>
> What's not a problem over here?  1500 bottom ends?
>
> I don't know what continent you're talking about, but I've never been
> overseas and I've never seen a 1500 block here (US) that didn't have a
> shot or on-deaths-door bottom end, with or without emissions enabled.

> --
>  __.o,\____  Go, Lil' Racer! * Eric C. Mumford
> /__ \ /  _ ) 1979 MG Midget  * mumford@rpi.edu
>  (+)`---(+)  http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu

Yes, 1500 bottom ends.

I think you just made my original point!

My 'maybe not a problem over here' was an attempt at a get out clause -
over here being the US (where I now live).  What I meant was that maybe my
experiences with 1500s is limited to UK spec cars (where I used to live).
I was attempting to placate those whom I offended by my suggestion that
there is an inherent problem with the 1500s.

However, you seem to have just confirmed that the 1500 bottom end is a
universal condition.

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
 |`,...____...---"'         \| 'scuse me while I fix my tie          |