Re: 1275 Cracked head

Subject: Re: 1275 Cracked head
From: Adrian <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 22:13:01 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
A guy in town races midgets and he gets his heads remanufactured by
another guy who drag races.  Anyway, their process involves putting the
head in a kiln and baking it for a few days, then actually welding the
crack instead of "plugging" it like a lot of places do.  They both swear
by it, so I tried it out.  But I haven't put my engine back together so
I don't know how well it turned out.  It looks perfect though, and you
can't tell where the crack was, and I could actually see it before he
did the work.  It was between $100/$200, including a valve job (new
hardware was extra), which beats the heck out of the price of a new
head.  So we'll see how it runs!  You may want to call around and see if
other machine shops do their repairs the same way.

adrian

--
email:  adrian@icx.net

"How about going back to sleep for