Re: Swifttune

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>, Spridget List <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Swifttune
From: Dean Meyer <Dean.Meyer@internord.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:44:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix,
I'm getting my Swiftune directly from Mr. Swift and Son in England. Our club
is bringing a 40' container over in two weeks so shipping will be negligible
as the container is based on volume not weight. I chose the Sports Tourer
over the Road Rocket after talking to Glyn Swift. The torque curve on the
Road Rocket(115BHP) comes on only around 3500 RPM and the idle is kind of
rough. Good engine for racing. The Sports Tourer(95BHP) idles smoothly and
the torque curve kicks in at around 1500RPM. Much better engine for fast road
use. The price is 1,234 GBP or about $2,800CDN. This includes Aldon
Distributor, lightened flywheel, new oil pump, etc. Carbs and exhaust are not
supplied. Price is without core(for obvious reasons). Takes them about 3 - 4
weeks to build one. Mine is with a Midget block, the Marina block is the one
they generally use as it is more readily available, but you need to futz
around with the oil filter.

The Mini Mania engine is built by Bill Gilcrease in LA for Mini Mania as far
as I know.

Dean Meyer

1964 Morris Mini Minor Traveller "Wanna see my woody?" - (The last spin
of the year on Saturday.)
1966 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III "The moneypit from Vegas" - (Now
sealed in an Andy Warhol time capsule and buried in the yard)
1967 Austin-Healey Sprite MK III "The big block" - (95 BHP Swiftune
Sports Tourer on the way from Longs Corner Farm!)
1974 Land Rover Series III 88" "Kinabalu" - (Waiting for a tranny)