Re: Pulling Engine -- ideas?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pulling Engine -- ideas?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:53:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Forgot to copy the group.  Also, forgot to say why I wouldn't use the
come-along (which is the cable ratchet type of hoist, about $25).  I used
one quite happily until I dropped an engine, thankfully not far or on
anything attached to me, when the ratchet thing kind of jammed while I was
lowering the engine.  After that, I bought the chain hoist which is actually
made for this kind of job.  Now, I'm getting a proper engine hoist since I
can afford one, and my new shop has drywall rather than rafters as a
ceiling. They really are the best thing to use.

Brian