ball joint boot lube

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ball joint boot lube
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:01:06 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
How do you guys lube your ball joint boots? I've heard everything from just
using a grease gun with _grease_ (not oil) to removing the inner clips and
filling each boot with oil separately. My concern with the grease is that,
being realtively new to the car, I don't know if POs have gone the grease
route sporadically, leaving dried, crusty grease in the works that would
prevent the new grease from getting to the ball joint or over to the driver
side ball joint. The concern with the clip removal procedure is the risk of
damaging the boot.

Finally, I'm not clear on how the lubricating oil gts to the driver's side
boot. The lube fitting is at the passenger side boot. Does the oil just
slosh around in the rack housing?

Jeff Boatright          __o_\__                   '65 A-H Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html