RE: cata con

To: "'mathysj@kenyon.edu'" <mathysj@kenyon.edu>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: cata con
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 07:43:01 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff -

I don't recall precisely, but they're not cheap ($250-$275, something like
that).  I did the work myself: pull the carb out of the way, six bolts, a
light thump with a mallet and the old one's out.  Fitting the new one is
easy as well.

I wouldn't go and replace it just to test.  I was tracking down an exhaust
leak when I disconnected mine from the manifold and took a peek down the
neck.  That's when I started ordering new parts.

Jeff, since you live up around Kenyon, you could probably get away for a
while with a straight through pipe from an earlier 1500, which runs less
than $80 from Moss.  Matter of fact, I may have one available.  E-mail me
privately to discuss parts or getting together to put more hands to the
task.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net