Re: Ready to pull Engine/Tranny

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ready to pull Engine/Tranny
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:49:56 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> I am restoring my 1967 Sprite, 1275 engine.  I have reached the point that I
> need to pull the engine and transmission.  Everything is disconnected, bolts
> removed, the engine/tranny should lift right out, given proper connections
> and lift device.  My question is--What do I bolt the chain to in order to
> lift the engine out?  What is the proper connection point?  Thanks for any
> and all replies.
>
> -----David
>       1967 Sprite (Victoria, aka, Vicky)

I've always used the front and rear rocker studs with a big washer.
This of course is "these days" as I am past 40.
When I was just a dumb kid, I used to stand on the shocks, grab the
generator and exhaust manifold and just lift it out by hand.
Now I have a cherry picker and a better back.
--
Frank A Clarici 3rd
Too many LBCs