Re: [Spits] removing oil pan

To: Dave <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [Spits] removing oil pan
From: Michael Altomare <maltomar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:22:23 -0400
Cc: "<spitfires@autox.team.net>" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
When this happened to me on my  '77 with the 32/36 DGV Weber, I made a
blanking plate for the mechanical fuel pump (I was running an electric fuel
pump with a pressure regulator) and added a threaded hose fitting and a hose
with a PCV and connected it to the intake manifold. At first I ran it to the
carb, but that got the carb too dirty. It ran great when I went to the
manifold.

Michael
from my iPhone 5

On Sep 10, 2013, at 4:01 PM, "Dave" <dave@ranteer.com> wrote:

> well, I pulled the pan, cleaned it, painted it, put in a new gasket, and
reinstalled.  oil is indeed coming out the dip stick tube.  all that work may
have been for nought!