Re: [Spits] Old dog, new tricks?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Old dog, new tricks?
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 12:20:03 -0500
I have never claimed to be good with carbs, but here are my thoughts.

It sounds like the back carb is way too rich and the front carb is way
to lean.  I would think the back carb is providing almost all of the gas
for the car to run on.

As to the cause, I suppose it could be several things -jet adjustment -
float level - stuck piston as Jeff suggested - idle screws set incorrectly.

But somehow the car is running rich just off the back carb.

Roger

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive