Re: [Spits] Oil pan drain bolt

To: "'Quirk'" <the5quirks@shaw.ca>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Oil pan drain bolt
From: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:48:28 -0500
Larry,

I don't know if you got an answer to your question, so I thought I'd throw
my $.02 in.  I believe it is a pipe thread.  It does have a taper to it like
a pipe thread.  My '74 Spit is in storage, so I can't measure mine, but it
is either a 1/4" or a 3/8".  According to this Wiki site, the 1/4" is .518"
in diameter.  The 3/8" thread is .656" in diameter.  My memory says the plug
is about 1/2" in diameter, so I'm thinking a 1/4" pipe thread is what is
there.  The website is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_standard_pipe_thread if you want to
read more.

Hope that helps.