Re: [Spits] Front Bumper

To: "'Spitfire Group'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Front Bumper
From: "David" <popeye444@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:52:47 -0700
Sender: spitfires-bounces@autox.team.net
I've been messing around with this darn bumper/valance/bonnet alignment on
and off for about a week.  Everything was starting to line up better as I
messed around with it more.  However, the passenger side valance just
wouldn't adjust low enough to avoid contact with the bonnet.  Finally, I
realized the bracket (see pic in link below) attaching the valance to the
frame was upside down.  It has slots for adjustment.  One side of the
bracket has vertical slots the other side has horizontal slots.  The
horizontal slots were at the top making it impossible to lower the valance
to where it needed to be.  Once I flipped it over everything finally fell
into alignment.  By the way, the driver side bracket was correct, but I
didn't notice it until I realized the passenger side was wrong.  Thanks
everyone for the help and encouragement.

https://picasaweb.google.com/112760723054893641051/72Spitfire#57477945439817
77938

David Gates
'72 Spitfire