[Spits] "Speedster" Convertible top cover

Subject: [Spits] "Speedster" Convertible top cover
From: celiracer81 at hotmail.com (celiracer81 at hotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:16:51 -0500
Thanks Mike!  That e-bay item is pretty much exactly what i am thinking about.
Click For Reference:   Miata Tonneau Cover
 I have never seen a spitfire with something like that but I like the look.
The Porsche ones that i have seen are also 2-piece molded parts like that for
easy storage when the top is up.  My thought was that since I may not install
my soft top at all, that this would be a single piece that would be
stationary.  I think if you wanted to use it as a tonnau cover it might have
to be a 2-piece unit as well for quick easy storage in the boot or behind the
seats when the top is up.  One might even be able to rig up some sort of hinge
mechanism that would attach at the front of the unit and pivot forward to
allow the convertible top to be used?  I dunno.  It is all speculation at this
point.
Joe, Perhaps a 2-piece unit with cut-outs for the roll bars might be an
option?  When i get around to some designing I will see what i can come up
with.   :-)
I am thinking the easiest way of creating this would be to model the part(s)
out of foam and just do a fiberglass positive with some strengthening braces
integrated into it.  We will see once the car comes out of storage.
Cheers,Dave