[Spits] How many spitfires still alive

Subject: [Spits] How many spitfires still alive
From: TR250Driver at aol.com (TR250Driver at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:00:00 -0400 (EDT)
John,
I have two that are alive and well.  Beyond that I would have no  clue.
For sure many more of the later Spits have survived versus the early  ones.
You almost never see a MK 1 Spitfire.  MK 2's, AKA Spitfire 4's  are very
rare as well.  MK 3's are around a bit more but still rather  scarce.  I
believe most of the survivors are the square tail 1296's and  1500's.  Sadly
some
of those are in very bad shape.
Regards,
Darrell
70 Spitfire MK 3

In a message dated 4/11/2011 3:32:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,