[Spits] Still a few

Subject: [Spits] Still a few
From: doug at dougbraun.com (Douglas Braun)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:51:00 -0400
Try putting one on the floor and sitting on it.  If you are unhappy,
remember that it will not be
a whole lot different when installed.  If I was doing it over, I would
try to make a new bases from a
high-density foam.  Or maybe a professional shop would easily be able
to do it right.

Doug

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Don Wankel <kg4tqe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got the polyurethane blocks.  I'll let you know how they do if you'd
like when they are installed in a couple of weeks.  My originals were
crumbling 18 years ago so anything will be an improvement.  Tried Miata seats
but they weren't to my liking.
> Don
>
> On Mar 21, 2011, at 7:18 PM, Douglas Braun <doug at dougbraun.com> wrote:
>
>> I am curious what sort of seat cushion foams are being sold these
>> days.  I re-upholstered my seats about 10 years ago with parts from
>> Newton Commercial, in England.  The seat covers were fine, but the
>> seat cushion foams were too wimpy.  The originals were molded latex,
>> which is an expensive, high quality material.  But the repros were
>> make from the usual polyurethane, and were too light-weight.  The
>> sides of the cushions are especially soft, and I don't get the
>> "bucket" effect when sitting in the seat.
>>
>> Doug
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Don Wankel <kg4tqe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Me too!
>>> I'm in the midst of "driver restification".  After 18 years of the worn
out
>>> interior I bit the bullet and got started.  Foams, upholstery, carpet,
>>> paint...even dethroning the Prince of Darkness.  I guess after this long
I'll