Re: [Spits] Stuck Rear Trunion Bolt

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Stuck Rear Trunion Bolt
From: nick Moseley <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:37:27 -0700
Matt, we've been there etc.

There is a metal bushing surrounding that bolt, within the trunnion. Usually
the bushing rusts to the bolt, and it's a bear to get out. If a few cycles
of heat and cold don't let you break it loose, then  use a hacksaw to cut
both sides of it, then once removed, take the remnants to a hardware store
and get a replacement bolt and nut. Save the bushing, or install a trunnion
repair kit.
HTH

Nick Moseley