[Spits] Rear Wheel Stud Removal

To: "'Spitfire list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Rear Wheel Stud Removal
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:15:05 -0500
Now that I have the Canley Classics CV joint-axels in, I cranked on the rear
hubs.  When I added the road wheels to the frame (to get the rolling chassis
really "rolling") if find that for some reasons none of the wheel studs will
tighten, the threads are too small.  I need to replace the wheel studs at
this point for both of the rear axles.  However, how does one actually
remove the wheel studs on a hub that is already installed?  I have a
Churchill tool, but if the studs are so buggered up that they won't hold a
tire on, I'm sure that the Churchill Hub Puller (also from Canley Classics)
won't do the trick.  Is there a special tool or technique?  I tried to
hammer the stud to no avail.

TIA

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Ga