Re: [Spits] GT6 Running Warm revisited

To: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spits] GT6 Running Warm revisited
From: Richard Gosling <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:56:03 +0000
I don't know for sure.  But, gut instinct, I doubt this makes any
significant contribution to cooling.  Sounds more like a DPO bodge to get
rid of the PCV valve, no more.  For any effective air cooling there would
need to be a continuous stream of cool air entering the valve cover, which
would then require a separate outlet for the warmed air to come out again.
With this vent pipe, the only flow along it will be a (hopefully slow)
passage of blowby gases coming out of the valve cover.

Richard