Re: [Spits] >>NASS Help please: ignition - It runs!!!!

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spits] >>NASS Help please: ignition - It runs!!!!
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:35:37 -0800
It runs, but poorly so far.
Time to come inside, it's cold out there! (8C, 47F)
Today, after a bunch of testing and poking:
-made new ground wire inside dizzy from plate to case, with soldered ends,
-when points are open, a tester shows they are isolated from ground, and
when they are closed, they are grounded.
-low tension wire from coil to dizzy has good continuity, even when wiggled
about,
-connected White Blue to one end of a ballast resistor, and White and White
to the other end.
-changed coil.

It runs, but sounds like it is not firing on all cylinders yet.
Coil got very hot to the touch.
Thanks for all the suggestions to get me to this point. I couldn't have done
it without you!!! Nolan, Joe C, Jeff S, Jim D, Tod J, Doug B, Bill K, Mike
D, Paul T, Steve G, all please take a bow. Thanks for your help.

Nick Moseley NASS #278