Re: [Spits] Help please: ignition

To: "spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Help please: ignition
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:09:36 -0500
Your balast wire might be bad or disconnected.when you first turn the key
the ballast resistor is bypassed giving your coil 12 volts to make starting
easier. Then when you turn the key to the run position the ballast wire is
used droping the voltage to 6 volts. If the ballast wire is bad or has bad
connections it will not run. Check out
http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/wiring/76diagram.jpg in this wireing
diagram it shows a pink wire with a white tracer as the ballast wire. This
would be the first place to look.

Tod Jones
67 Spit-6
Harrisonburg VA.