Re: A quote on the swing-spring

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A quote on the swing-spring
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:47:06 -0500
On 5 Nov 2006 at 23:38, John Macartney (Jonmac) wrote:

> It's worth commenting that the Herald as first designed as
> a prototype used upper and lower wishbones at the back as
> well as the front.

Very interesting.  GR says absolutely nothing about that, gives lots
diagrams, pictures and discussion implying that the swing axle was
the original idea.  I'd sure trust Jonmac to know what he's talking
about, especially if his dad has engineering documents about it!
That makes me wonder just how accurate GR's details are.  Or any of
the rest of the stuff he describes.

I once read a book which claimed that you couldn't trust everything
you read...

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com