Re: sagging rear/advice

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sagging rear/advice
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:01:47 -0600
I agree with RG. I've pondered many suggestions purported to improve the
  rear suspension on the Spitfire, fixed or swing spring. I also have
the Competition Preparation Manual writ post KK. The last bit of
information that shed some new light on the subject (for me) was the
description of the axle and the radius arm being the lower A-arm. Wow!
The post KK CPM suggests moving the radius arm inboard on the body
(holes already provided, brackets required) and lengthening the radius
arm. This would get the outer end of the axle back in the original
static position but would change the dynamics some. An adjustable
vertical link would allow ride height adjustments and a stiff, almost
flat mono-leaf fiberglass spring would take care of wheel tuck.

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org