RE: Looking for a Carb

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Looking for a Carb
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:51:13 -0400
Assuming that the jet hasn't ovalled, you may be able to get away with a
just
a needle replacement.  I had the same problem with a low mileage 79 spit
I just purchased.  I can't figure out how the needle got so bad in 63,000
miles.
Luckily the one from my 78 spitfire with 200,000 miles was in better
condition.
Just swapped needles and mpg went from 22 to 29.

Best!

Greg Rowe

===     http://www.vtr.org