Growling sound

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Growling sound
From: OKC Spitfire <okcspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Spitfire and LBC fanatics, I was wondering if anyone has ever had this
problem arise and what you may have done to correct it. My stock 76 Spitfire
runs good but may have a burned exhaust valve, it has a slight miss when idling
but runs smooth when up to speed. Lately I have noticed that when driving along
at low speeds like 15 to 25 mph I hear a low growling sound from the engine. At
highway speeds the engine sounds smooth, it seems to have difficulty
accelerating slightly coughing on it's way up to speed. Once there it runs like
a top. This seems to be primarily a low end speed issue. Anyone have any ideas?

  TIA
  Jerry

===     http://www.vtr.org