The fuel consumption problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: The fuel consumption problem
From: S1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:52:29 -0500
I think I got my fuel consumption problem backwards...

The last time I filled my tank, the fuel indicator for all intents and
purposes, read empty. I filled it up, and it was 7.5 gallons.

Yeah, like that. And when the fuel tank is low, I sometimes hear a
knocking sound. I've cleared out the trunk of any free-radical pieces of
metal.

Looks like I'll have to pull the fuel float again. Sad, because I
replaced it over 4 years ago. Ugh. That's the only thing I can think of
since I've tuned the engine a few times now.

===     http://www.vtr.org