Re: Overdrive questions

To: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive questions
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:07:16 -0700
Greg,
There are probably as many thoughts on the subject as there are people on
the list.  My opinion is that you shuld not have to use the clutch when
endaging or disengaging the OD.  However, I typically ease up on the gas
when doing so.  That too is probably unnecessary as well, but it has become
more of a "force of habit".

Something that enters into the equation is wear on the clutch.  Not using
the clutch will certainly save wear and tear on that as well as the thrust
washers.

My 2 cents worth.

Joe