Leaky heater

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky heater
From: mkcaspian1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:01:06 -0400
Hi folks - perhaps you can help me out.  When I run the heat, I get an
occasional small drip of antifreeze from the area of the heater box.  Now I'm a
rookie at the plumbing of this unit.  It's a 78 Spitfire.  As I look up under
the dash, I can see a drop of green stuff coming from one courner of what
appears to be a nice metal box with hoses coming out of it.  I asume this is
the heater box.  Is there guts inside that can be repaired if there is a leak,
or does the whole unit get replaced?  Is this part available?  Maybe I just
have a leaky hose fitting, but I want to know what to look for and expect
before I start to pull stuff apart.  Any advice would be helpful.  I've had
this car for 5 years.
John Flynn
1978 Spitfire

===     http://www.vtr.org