Brake follow-up

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: Brake follow-up
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:45:38 +0000
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Sorry for the late reply. I forget that when
I d/l mail messages on my comcast account at home, they get deleted from the
main server. I do most of my emailings during the work day.

Last weekend I embarked on bleeding the rear brakes which came out rather
well(or so I thought). One of the bleed nipples was rounded out, but thankfully
I had a last-minute replacement. I did several tests with it closed to make
sure it wasn't leaking, and the mityvac increased in pressure with it closed
when I pumped. So it's all good.

A lot of yellowish-colored brake fluid came out and eventually the fresh stuff
was pumping through.

I take it out for a spin and do a few quick-stop tests. Unfortunately, I get
only one skidmark instead of 2. It seems to be pulling to the left a bit when
stopping ,but it seems better than before.

Looks like this upcoming weekend I'll be bleeding the front ones again.

To answer the inquiry about the potentially swollen (front) flex lines: When I
first opened the bleeder valve, it was a 90/10 fluid/bubble ratio coming out.
Then things steadily declined in terms of overall fluid coming out. The flex
lines seem fine on the outside.

And in OT news I'm now behind the wheel of a beautiful used '02 Mini Cooper S.
--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org