RE: 71 Spitfire Need more power

To: <ald1961@juno.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 71 Spitfire Need more power
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:14:16 +0100

Hi Andy,
If you've not done so already, be sure to fit a new rubber diaphragm in the
carb. One which has been sat unused is likely to be porous, even if there is
no visible hole. In this case the engine is likely to run fine at lower
revs, but won't go above about 3000rpm under load.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232