Motor mounts question

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor mounts question
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:47:09 -0400
Years ago I replaced the motor mounts on Freddy with new ones, and
the new ones were so stiff that I put the old ones back on. The
vibration transmitted to the cabin was horrible. Well, I tried again,
ordered up some new ones and they are just as rock-hard as the ones I
bought before. How hard are they supposed to be? I can't flex the new
ones at all by hand, the old ones are pretty soft. They old ones are
getting pretty nasty, but I would just as soon not have my fillings
rattled out either!

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spitfire