RE: Identification of distributor.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Identification of distributor.
From: <ronny.hortlund@allset.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:01:11 +0100
I'll answer myself here, or at least give some more information and
questions.

There seems to be a distributor from Delco fitted to Spitfire4 with id
D200 7952800 which fits what's visible according below.
However:

1. That distributor should have been fitted to the 1147cc engine, would
it do the job in the 1296cc? Could they have just moved it the next
engine and it all works fine?

2. I've read that this ditributor isn't supposed to have vacuum advance,
but I do have a vacuum screw and a hose to the carbs (even though it's
not connected), could they have different options with the same
serialnumbers.

I have found a lot of serialnumbers for Delco, mostly for Spitfires and
this seems to be the only one that seems to fit in my description below.

Is there some way to check if it is that distributor?

Thanks in advance
Ronny