The '67 MK I GT6 is home

To: NASS Spitfire <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: The '67 MK I GT6 is home
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:17:52 -0800 (PST)
All,

Thanks for all the support prior to me(thought it's
the wife's car) getting the car home.  We made the
epic journey from Cincy to Kalamazoo & back today.
Round trip was about 14.5 hours...including stopping
for food...hey the kids were with us too.  They did
remarkably well considering their age AND the back
seat of a Toyota Tundra isn't all that comfortable.

Aside from the bumper(won recently on e-bay), it looks
like I'm going to need 1 (yes only 1) over rider.
Anyone have 1 over rider?  Also, I have both over
riders for the back AND the lower sections as well,
but 1 (there's that number again) of the brackets that
holds the over rider to the body is missing.  It's
about 8" long(guessing, it's late) with a 90 degree
bend in it.  Anyone have 1 bracket?

I'm sure I'll be writing for more stuff soon.

Also, the PO converted the car to an
alternator...that's ok with me, but one issue that I
know of is that when the key is turned off the car
does NOT shut off.  It starts fine, but you turn the
key off & it doesn't shut off.  I think he used some
sort of aftermarket ignition switch(Autozone or
something).  Could he have(perhaps) used the wrong
kind?

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, OH