Re: GT6/Spitfire Valence compatibility

To: red_tr250@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: GT6/Spitfire Valence compatibility
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:08:41 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>

I probably should've asked about the lower front
valence in addition to bumper compatibility

There is a lower valence as well as a front bumper on
e-bay right now.  Both from a Spitfire MKIII.  Now I'm
getting conflicting stories about the bumper fitting a
GT6 MKI.  I only need the bumper bar, not the over
riders.  Are the bumper bars the same?  I can't tell
about the bumper as it's off the car.  Is there a way
to tell if it's from an early MKIII?  Will the valence
fit a GT6 MKI??  So many questions and I haven't even
taken possession of the car yet?

==AM==
Better to ask now, don't you think? :-)

Those items are NOT Spitfire Mk3, but that's good news. They will fit
your GT6. Apparently there is actually a slight difference between the
bumpers and/or overriders on a Spitfire 4/Mk2 and those of a "Mk1" GT6,
but they do seem to interchange. (The Spitfire Mk3 and GT6 Mk2/+ bumper
is different in style and in the way it mounts and will NOT fit the
earlier cars.)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org