Need New Shocks

To: "Spitfire List (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need New Shocks
From: Kirk Crawford <kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:56:45 -0800
I have found that I need new front shocks on my 1968 Spitfire 4 Mk III.  (I
can push the hood right down onto the tires, and it bounces several times.
In the rear i have some gas shocks ~10 years old. Right now I just plan to
replace the shocks, but in the somewhat near future I plan to do a major
suspension restore (new steering rack, bushings, sway bars, rotoflex rear
end, or whatever Joe Curry's system is called).  It seems to me that the
Spax shock set looks pretty good.  I don't plan to race the car, however I
do like spirited driving, etc.  What is the recommendation of you other
spitfire owners?

--
Kirk Crawford
kirk@kirkanddonna.com